Sunday, October 23, 2005

Wooo...?

Well, for starters, I freakin' got the Heroes V Beta to freakin' work! WOOOOO!!! That's freakin' AWESOME!!!

One problem: multiplayer only.

Why a problem?? Because as of right now, a sunday freakin' afternoon, THERE'S NOBODY ELSE TO PLAY WITH!!! I'm freaking pissed off!!! I finally get to play the damn beta, and just because nobody's online, I'm still gonna hafta wait?! What the freaking hell?!?

Well, that being aside, whooo-boy, I can't wait to play!!!

Oh, and on another videogaming note, Civ IV is coming out in a few days. AWESOME!!!

The way I figure, I'll play the beta as much as I can, and if there's nobody to play / don't feel like playing, I'll just switch over to Civ. YEAH!!!

Or, OR, I could get off the comp and start studying for my super-important midterms coming up in a few days...but then that really wouldn't be me, now would it...

Until next time, I guess...

***Edit, 1+ hr later***

YEAH!!! People to play with! I finally played the freaking beta!!!

One problem: my sister's comp. is completely DANK ASS!!!

The game runs so incredibly slow on my comp that my first turn took nearly half an hour...so, being that it's multiplayer, my opponent leaves the game (I don't blame him/her, I'd've done the same). Meaning, I'm only able to play one turn then automatically win! That SUCKS!!!

I mean honestly, who buys a comp w/ only 256mb of ram anyways...plus, she doesn't wanna upgrade, which sucks so completely...

So, this game's basically on the backburner (for now)...

Now, as for Civ IV, the comp meets the minimum requirements, however just barely...recommended says 512 mb of course, but I'm hoping it'll still play relatively smoothly...

That being said, I have successfully wasted nearly 3 hrs of my day in non-study, meaning that I'll have to cram like super crazy now for the next few days (esp. tuesday for my stupid microecon that I've slacked too much on), but oh well...

8 Comments:

Blogger McAnerbot said...

Hint: In the computer industry, "recommended" actually means "required" and "required" actually menas "you suck if you have"

3:08 p.m.  
Blogger Gautam said...

I actually agree with that. Damnit, I want to play the beta, now.

6:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dork :P!
since you're the one using my computer all the time, how bout YOU buy me some more ram with your own money? then you can play your game. why on earth would i buy more for something i don't need -_-? sheesh

10:32 p.m.  
Blogger Gautam said...

more ram doesn't make as a huge difference as the g-card. Invest in a good g-card if you want to haul ass in that game.

11:32 p.m.  
Blogger McAnerbot said...

It is Heroes... It might actually be the RAM limitations. What eats up capacity in those games are processor speed and RAM for AI stuff.

12:17 a.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

MY SISTER READS MY BLOG?!?

*shudder*

11:20 a.m.  
Blogger Gautam said...

Heroes 5 beta actually requires an amazingly good video card, actually. I figured more Ram would help, but little help it provided. Any other heroes game, definitely RAM would be more important.

2:29 p.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

I'm bothered now... my sister doesn't comment, but damnit, I don't want her reading mine.

It just seems like she'd blurt something out to my mom... she's like that...

Best intentions, worst judgment.

10:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home