Sunday, September 04, 2005

Wonderments of Summers Gone...

It's days like today that make me feel introverted...just sitting at home, doing nothing, nobody calling, not calling anybody...

But then I remember that this week was crazy busy, what with the ubc and the hapkido and the rock climbing and the workage and the buying stuff at ubc and the visiting rob...and it's not like I've been cooped up all summer as usual...

Perhaps that's what's bothering me so much. The past 36 hrs have pretty much reminded me of my previous lackluster summers, and that aint too appealing...tomorrow seems like more of the same, with a probable staying home leading to a fancy dinner / cheapo movie with my uncle. Not too shabby, of course, but alarmingly familiar...

Perhaps I should try to phone people up for monday, it being an actual long weekend and what not...angela shar etc seem to be going to pne, that might be fun...however, possibly expensive...whatever, I'll see what'll happen...just as long as I'm not sitting around wasting the last day before school starts up again...

Woo, school and what not...yeah...man, I'm gonna miss kwantlen...

Anyways, enough of this down-in-the-dumpster business, it's not like I really have much to complain about...perhaps a little more female involvements could be made so my crazy potentials mentality isn't overblown, as was shown in my alt...but enough talk about the alt.

It's late. Quite late. And yet I'm still up. Perhaps this shall also be part of my rememberance of previous summers, in that I shall sleep when the sun comes up again, and that I shall wake up in time for my uncle to pick me up to go to dinner...my goodness, that would suck soo much...oh well, I'm not playing Civ3 so I doubt that it'll happen...

And now I'm just left with my crazy wonderings...for instance, why have I not been watching the news very often during the summer? Did the first month of diligent Daily Show taper off into an apathetic view of the world outside my bubble? Especially w/ Katrina...biggest hurricane of the past 100 years, and I didn't know until Jamieson was already in New Orleans and the 'cane was about to level the city...after that, I felt pretty bad for my lack of newsing myself...

And another annoyance of this summer. I have watched absolutely ZERO animes in the past 4 months. I'm even too lazy to finish off freakin' Chobits, and I've only got a few left...Yeah, I'm too lazy to download anime, as well as too lazy to sit at the computer and watch it, but still...with so much free time I'd've thought I'd watch SOMETHING...

And another thing - why the heck did I stop bothering to go work out? I mean, I have 8 freaking unused tickets to watermania, and I've been too lazy to get out and use them...well, okay, working Herring was a workout in itself, but many days where I was just too lazy to do anything, I should've got up and done something. Hmm, ideas for sat. afternoons, I mean I've already paid, so swimming should be alright...or not...hmmm...oh well, thinking for later...

Also, I believe I've been too carefree with my money...first 2 months I was fairly careless, but at least I made sure not to spend more than half of my earnings...now, however, it seems like I've run out of excess cash...now, after I pay this semester's tuition and books, I only gots $900 left for all year, incl. next semester's tuition and what not...there goes my dreams of a laptop, ipod, or any other goodies I was thinking of getting...

Oh well...if one thing's different from the last few summers, is that I actually have a place for my brain to wander...hooray for blogging, and such...

And, you know what?? Hooray for EVERYTHING!!! I mean, what the heck am I feeling so glum about?? This has pretty much been the best summer EVER!!! I mean, how many days outta the past 4 months had something to do with my friends?? The overwhelming majority, that's what!! And what did I do for most days?? Work my freakin' butt off!!! Non-useless summers are freakin' SWEET! I mean, the only other summer that ever even came close would probably be the one where I lost like 30-40 pounds, or perhaps one of the forgotten summers of my childhood at the co-op at moffatt...but, all things considered, this really has been a freakin' amazing summer. Niiiice...

And now that my 2nd wind has come and passed, I've realized that I've rambled on for far FAR longer than I should have...should've stopped right at the beginning...oh well, ramblings seem to do well for me...It's not like many would bother to read through the whole thing...heheh, starting to ramble about how I ramble...oh, how I miss those days of november...

Until next time, I guess...

--> As told through the mind of a sometimes introverted extrovert.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spangie said...

HEEEEEYYYY!!! Come on Monday!!! It's gonna be fun!! It's not a lot of people but at least we can "bond" and stuff .. LMAO!! But yea!! If you wanna come call me!! We're leaving around 3pm so just call me okei? Sometime today would be good. But come!!

11:05 a.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

Good hangin with you this summer nits.

Give me a shout if you wanna do something during your free time next sem.

4:31 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Heheh, I say you could always hang around Kwantlen after work, eh? Lol...I'll probably be heading out there, at least in september...

1:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home