Friday, June 12, 2009

GAWD I'm an idiot...

So, here I am, sitting on a curb outside my window, grabbing wireless through the walls of my apartment. Yes, I am locked outside. No, I didn't forget my keys. They're locked inside my frickin' car...

Do I feel like an idiot holding my laptop in the middle of a parking lot? Well sure, but I don't give a damn. I'm just glad it's not raining... not yet anyways...

And I just had to pick the chilliest morning of the month to get locked out. It's 12 degrees. I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. And it's windy...

Man I think I use ellipses far too often... but I digress...

I called my sister, she's going to ubc anyways, she can open my car with the spare key, but I do feel bad waking her up so early, making her leave so early, and having her drive all the way to 4th... but whatever, that's what family's for, right? Gotta be annoying or I'm just not doing my job...

Speaking of family, my mom gets off of work in about 15 minutes, might be easier for her to come over, hopefully she has keys too.. but probably not. Oh well.

***

You know what? Blogging really is making the time fly by. I miss blogging. Hasn't really been that much to blog about, to be honest.

***

Several cars go by. Tiny SUV's to be exact. They're all women. Filipino and East Indian (or should I just say Indian now?). They're all wearing flowery outfits. They're nurses for the rest home a couple buildings over. Work's about to start I guess.

I'm sure I look like an idiot. Oh well...

I had to adjust my feet. Getting numb. Like my butt. But there's not much adjusting I can do for that.

***

Yesterday, actually yesterday's yesterday, I finally got a chance to watch the Watchmen. It wasn't terrible, but left out most of the non-action awesome parts of the book. It was as I expected. Love scene went on way too long though... and no I'm not gay. It takes away from the atmosphere of the moment. The book was way more poignant.

*SPOILER ALERT*


The thing I missed most of the movie was the camaraderie between the newspaper vendor and the kid. Surprisingly. The whole banter throughout the book really made me feel for them when the squid came. And seriously, when he tried to protect the kid... by far the best three panels of the entire book. And I'm not kidding.

The changed ending was kinda lame, to be honest. As hokey and Deus Ex Machina as the squid seemed to be, I really liked it. As the director of the movie said, you had to flip back and re-read all the parts to really get a feel for the ending of the book. I liked that.

But enough about the movie...

*End Spoiler*

Anyways, the point of this yesterday's yesterday business is that right before the double-movies, I ate a donair. It had homous. Which had tahini. Which is sesame peanut butter. I'm allergic to sesame. I ate the whole thing... Needless to say, I didn't keep the donair for long... not quite as delicious the second time around. Heh. And I sure looked like an idiot scratching all over in the movie. And yes, I do mean all over...

***

Anyways, my internet seems to be busted, hopefully I keep all this ranting saved. Time to call my mom anyways. [EDIT: cellphone's not on. great...]

Wish me luck... cya guys...

As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert...

EDIT: Well then, my sister came and went. I got my keys, and I'm back in my apartment. But MAN vancouver can be so weird sometimes. Homeless people are weird enough, but stoners on bikes that accuse my sister of running him over and then threaten to bash my face in when I suggest it could be his fault, now THAT is weird. Heheh. Seriously though, this happened. He stopped on his bike in the alleyway, blocking my sister from going forward. I told him there's a car behind him, he said his spiel, I said my bit, he got mad, I stayed calm, and then he left. I don't think he realized that should a car hit him, the car would probably be in front of him, but that my sister was behind him, and most likely wasn't the car that hit him, if there actually was a car that hit him... but he seemed out of it, so whatever.

Man, what a weird morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home