Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mix #19

I found some old songs I liked back in the day on youtube, it got me to reminiscing about the good ol' days of 'o1-'02. Senior year in highschool, the surrounding summers... best of times, worst of times, yadda yadda.

It got me thinking, I miss making mix CDs. The whole concept of putting together 80mins of music in such a way that made me wanna listen to it straight, it was like a ritual. Making sure they're songs I liked (even if it was just at the moment), making sure the songs worked with the next one so that the CD had nice flow... I really miss that.

Especially since my MP3 player is busted.

Sometimes my CDs had a theme, sometimes they didn't. Sometimes it was all punk and ska, sometimes it was techno/softrock/r&b/tv themes. It all depended on my mood, and depended on my tastes at the time of creation. And man, were my tastes ever varied (and, well, questionable). I mean, check out this one:

"Mix #19"

1. Relient K - Sadie Hawkins Dance
2. Relient K - Marilyn Manson Ate My Girlfriend
3. Value Pac - Loner
4. Craig's Brother - Homecoming
5. Undecided - Choices
6. Five Iron Frenzy - Oh, Canada
7. Dispatch - The General
8. Nickelback - How You Remind Me
9. Linkin Park - In The End
10. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Change The World
11. Jelleestone - Money
12. Black Eyed Peas - Request Line (I think ft. Macy Gray, and yes, pre-whereisthelove)
13. J-Lo ft. Ja Rule - I'm Real Remix
14. Destiny's Child - Brown Eyes
15. Destiny's Child - Emotions
16. City High - What Would Ya Do
17. Blue Cantrell - Hit 'Em Up Style
18. Reel Big Fish - Song #3
19. Jagged Edge - Where The Party At Remix ft. JD, Da Brat, ROC, Nelly, Lil Bow Wow
20. Kurupt ft. Natina - It's Over Now
21. They Might Be Giants - Particle Man
22. They Might Be Giants - Boss of Me

...

So yeah, not my most favourite mix CD of mine, not even close, but it kinda shows you the variety/fun I must've had putting something like this together. I mean, there's gotta be at least 6 different Genres on this disc! Haha... and it FLOWS.

Edit - Perfect example of flow: song 19. Where the Party At, it ends with "it's over... dawg!"
... check out the next song! Hahaha...
...

You know what? That was FUN.

Now, I don't know if it's the 4am-iness talking, but I think I might do a little blog series about the different mix CDs I made previously. Starting from the days before I've even HEARD of "punk", or "ska", or anything even remotely alternative-y... yes, back to the time as a Z-child, heheh....

I don't know, would you guys be interested? I mean, not that it really matters to my decision, but you know... taking a peek into what my previous musical tastes were ...sounds boring? No?

3 Comments:

Blogger Rohbit said...

Ahhh.. Five Iron Frenzy's Oh Canada... probably the first Ska song I ever downloaded off Napster.

1:02 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

I find your musical sensibilities of years past disagreeable.

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger m said...

City High! YEAH!

11:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home