Monday, September 18, 2006

Exponential Growth

My day, since the horror that was yesterday, has grown to be quite awesome.

First off, woke up to crappiness. That wasn't fun.

After a couple hours, I basically had enough; I took the car (after some debate as to my being able to take it), and drove to the library to study. This turned into stopping in at Richmond centre, while just as I walked inside I immediately got a call from my Tito Arthur (i.e., my uncle) saying that he had some specialty sausages he wanted me to have (and has been wanting to give to me for the past few days). Heheh. Sausages. But yeah, deeeliciousness... one was lamb sausage with rosemary, and the other was buffalo sausage with mint. Both accompanied by a good-crusty baguette. YUMMY. Ate about half of it in the food court...

Then, realized I had enough of the mall (as I wasn't really shopping for anything anyways), so I went into vancouver to hang out with some friends. Some friends being Krystle and Alan. Went to Krystle's to pick her up, stayed at her place for a bit, then grabbed some boxes to bring to Alan/Tim's place to help facilitate their move to a much more awesome location of Balsam and 2nd ave. A couple minutes shaved to get to UBC, but more importantly, RIGHT NEXT TO THE BEACH. Suh-wheeet... But I digress. Krystle and I then went to Alan's. Tim was climbing a glacier still, heheh...

Got to Alan's, realized we were completely bored, so we decided to head over to the beach. As it was raining, we took my car (as a 10-block walk to the beach in the rain is long and annoying...). Let me tell you guys, going to the beach when it's raining is AWESOME. Especially with good friends... thought it was a dumb idea krystle had, but man it really was quite nice... but yeah, skipped a few stones, walked around Kits, good times... I should so live in Vancouver...

Anyways, we had enough w/the beach (mostly tired of the rain actually), so we drove back to Alan's. At this time, after much deliberation, we settled on ordering pizza and watching a movie. Although, as there was a lack of tv at his place, it was more what movies were there to watch on Alan's laptop... heheh... but yeah, after ordering the pizza (which in itself took quite a while deciding on where/what/etc), there was an hour wait until it would arrive. Krystle napped, Alan cleaned up a bit, practiced some guitar, hung out w/ me, etc etc, while I mostly played CivIV on Tim's computer. LOL. And yeah, SOOO ADDICTIVE, especially with a computer actually fast enough to run it properly, heheh... continued to play it several minutes after the pizza arrived, lol...

But I finally cut myself off from the just-one-more-turn addictiveness and we started watching a movie. That movie being Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. NIIIIIIICE, lol... I mean, there were other movies that I haven't seen on Alan's comp, but Krystle never saw it, and as it's basically my favourite movie, she wanted to see what all the fuss was about... although, by the end, she was more dazed and confused than anything else, heheh... but, that's to be expected the 1st time around, I guess... and although I did kinda feel somewhat depressed after watching that dark movie, the best part about watching was definately the discussion that occured afterwards. I.e., relational discussions...

Basically, after talking a bit about it, Krystle basically completely agreed w/ me in how this movie is completely COMPLETELY about me. Heheh. I'm soooo Joel. Or Jim Carrey, to those who don't remember his character's name... found that I can talk about my previous relationship w/o becoming all moody and such. At least, w/ Krystle and Alan, heheh... anyways, moved onto Krystle's relational dilemmas, which were interesting to talk about... and then, Tim came back, lol...

Krystle wanted to have some fun, so she hid in the closet right away... now remember, Tim went away for the weekend to climb a glacier w/ a bunch of other UBC outdoor clubbers, so when he came in, he went straight for the bathroom, lol... everyone was laughing, heheh... well, more stifled chuckling as Krystle was still "hiding", which included changing back into her pants from the shorts she borrowed from Alan due to rainyness... hahaha, very quickly/quitely changing as Tim was indisposed... lol... so, w/ Krystle hiding in the closet, Tim started unpacking, showed us the icepick and toe clips (coooool), chatting it up, and as he was putting stuff away, he opened the closet, then BOOO krystle jumped out and scared the CRAP outta Tim, hahaha... it was hilarious... but yeah, talked it up a bit more, then Krystle had to get home, plus I had some group homework to take care of...

So, dropping Krystle home, I had extra time (as Yukie, my group partner, hadn't phoned me yet), so we talked a bit about stuff. Good talk and such. So yeah, after dropping her off, tried phoning Yukie again, but still couldn't get a hold of her (as she was still having dinner etc w/ a friend from out of town who she hasn't seen in like 2 yrs, understandable...), so I decided that I might as well just drive to UBC anyways. So, I get there, and park in that fortinek visitor parking for the time being, and did stuff to pass the time. However, like 5 mins after doing so, Yukie phones me up saying she's going to be late, as she just finished dinner, and is still hanging out w/ the friend of hers. However, she did say that I could just stay at her dorm for the time being, and would phone her sister to let me in (as her sister's her roommate). I thought cool, outta my car and outta the rain, good deal... so I park around thunderbird and go to her dorm.

I decide that I might as well start the assignment, and let me tell you, I thought it was a BREEZE! Was kinda worried, 'cause Yukie said that she didn't know how to do it, and considering it was one of those 2-pages-of-info with a "should you lease the equipment or not" required (...soooo annoying!). But yeah, knew exactly what to do, and an hour and a bit later, I was basically done! Now, she has still yet to come back, so I decide to leaf through my other school stuff, read a bit, organize binders etc... and man, it felt GOOD. Almost as if, dare I say it, I was back into school-mode! NIIIICE! But yeah, after like half an hour of that, I was like yeah, nothing else to do... so, I turned on the tv, lol... [yukie's sister was busy doing her hw upstairs or something, btw]... by this time, it was like nearly midnight, so after catching the tail end of mythbusters, I ended up watching the first bit of sportnet news, meaning, I watched the thing about the canucks scrimmages. And, lo and behold, right after the canucks thing finished, Yukie comes in! Haha... perfect timing, indeed...

But yeah, she came back, we talked a bit, and then I walked her through how I answered the assignment. That felt goood, knowing what I'm doing... so yeah, even moreso than the school stuff, just hanging out and talking w/ Yukie was coool... I found that being social while doing schoolwork makes everything go smoother... of course, this has to be social within the doing-work context, i.e. with people who are doing the same-ish work as I'm doing, lol... not quite the same w/ like Andrew or Mohsin study times, heheh... but yeah,

Also made me realize that I would LOOOVE dorm life. My goodness, I'd get so much work done if I can just go to my dorm after class and study... and, you know, actually be able to study, lol... the dorms in thunderbird are AMAZING you guys... heheh... but I digress...

Anyways, by the time I left Yukie's place, it was quarter to one, and it was still pissing rain... driving home in the rain, when using a car in which you don't trust the traction, down marine drive where it's easy to be doing 80 while taking a sharp turn... not so fun, heheh... but hey, it was alll worth it when they started playing Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons on the Zone... AWESOMENESS!!! Oh man, I was like yelling along, and spouting out gibberish during the german part... lol, sooo much fun when there's nobody in the car and you can just belt it... heheh...

Anyways, got home, showered, computer, printed out notes, read my other group project thing my group members wrote up (as I was kinda busy w/ crap matters earlier), andthen blogged. For waaaay to long, lol...

Wow... lateness breeds lengthy posts indeed... well, as do awesome moods, lol... although, it's now waaay past 3am, and I have class in less than 7 hrs... meaning, I gotta wake up in less than 5 hours... man, just as I get into school-mode, I have to ruin it all by staying up so danged late... heheh...

But yeah, point is, today was nice. Heheh... I mean, today was the most [explitive] best night of my life! ... haha, ESotSM...

Until next time, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home