Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Crazy Awesome!

Or, is it crazy, and then awesome...? Heheh...

Today was fun. Although, school wasn't very. No, wait, more specifically my classes sucked... heheh, I'll just start from the top...

Mornings suck. Period. Busride to school, nice, in the annoying couldn't sleep until we got to ubc kinda way... but then I met Mohsin and Rob (and, other kwantlen guy I've never met, heheh), so morning was fun.

Then I had my finance class. ANNOYING. I've taken it before, and the stupid UBC phD prof guy's making the class WAAAYYY more complicated then it has to be... he's like, deriving formulas and crap, and everyone's asking how he's doing it, and wasting class time, when inevitably all we're going to use it the stupid CCA formula anyways... at BCIT, it's all "here's the formula to get the answer. If anyone's interested in how we derive it, come talk to me in my office hours." PERFECT. Especially since it's such a waste of time for future accountants...

Afterwards, met up w/ Mohsin and other kwantleners, along with Reuben. Then, after guiding them around the SUB for a while, Mohsin and others went off to class, while Reuben and I had lunch and listened to the band. The band being The Perms, I believe. They were pretty awesome, I must say. Then, we wandered around aimlessly, while having a hearty religious discussion, until he had class. Then, David Lam comp lab 'til my class started....

And MAN, this class is also incredibly annoying... it's Philosophy of God/Religion, and it's sooo different from what I was expecting... I was thinking, oh, phil of religion, it's like tons of discussions and debates and opinions flying in class, etc etc, should be awesome... but instead I find out it's basically a history of beliefs about God. And the guy can't freaking teach! On top of that, it's a 3 hr class, in a super stuffy hot room in the new Buch. D sanitarium (if you've been in there, you know what I mean), and he doesn't take a break! It's just, 2 and a half hours of straight lecturing... DEATH BY BOREDOM! Holy crap... and what makes it that much worse, it's one of those unstructured arts classes, where you have to attend class to get the notes, and by notes I mean listen to the guy speak then write it down... HORRIBLE... that being said, as a class, it's really not that bad, and I'll probably stick it out anyways... although, when I got that email from UBC reminding about being able to drop a class, man I sure thought about it...

After class though, my day went from alright to AWESOME, heheh...

The night before, Krystle said she was wanting to hang out this week w/ me and Valen... I suggested thursday night, as I don't have friday classes, but Krystle had classes... friday we're at church anyways, so that meant, yup, going out on wednesday! Although, krystle already was offline by the time Valen and I made the plan, lol... so, phoned her today at work, asked if she could come out, and sure enough we went out!

So, after class, I picked up Krystle, drove to her place (as she just got off of work), picked up Valen in Burnaby, and went off from there!

Wandered around metrotown figuring out what to do, then we decided to have chinese food at that restaurant on the corner of Kingsway, where metrotown starts... and yeah, this is the same place where I went to every week while at BCIT, for Dim Sum Mondays! Aww man, going back there was incredibly nostalgic... and yeah, Krystle Valen and I hung out, quite the awesome time...

After fooding, we went for bubble tea at, what's that place, little tea house, or something? I never remember names of bubble tea places... but yeah, we got our bubble tea, and decided to hang out in front of that double-dolphin fountain at station square... just hanging out, even if relatively chilly (esp. w/ bubble tea), sooo much fun...

Actually, that was basically the whole outing, lol... but, I guess it's kinda hard to blog about the specifics of the hanging out, 'cause it's was just like conversations and whatever, heheh... although, I did show them my jump-heelclick looka-like-a-leprechaun thing, lol...

We did talk briefly about this being a regular occurrence, as we're both pretty much free on mondays... my goodness, now that would be spectacularly awesome if I'm able to pull this off, school-wise... heh...

Anyways, dropped Valen off, then went into Vancouver... and, all of a sudden, MONSOOON!!! Holy crap, it just started to POUR! It was just ridiculous how much rain was coming down, esp. since it was such a sunny cloudless day today... yeah, stayed at Krystle's place to let it die down for a bit, although it was cut short 'cause I was practically parked in front of a fire hydrant, lol... but yeah, drove back home, CRAZY FLOODING, esp. on Main and 49th... so yeah, definately monsooon, lol... although, it was quite fun / beautiful driving through it all...

Anyways, got home, showered, went on the comp... and subsequently wasted all my time, haha...

Until next time, I guess...

p.s. - Haha, looks like I'm back to doing my crazy boring, long-ass posts about the goings-on of my day... meaning, I'm coming out of my semi-funk! SWEETNESS! Although, it's now nearly midnight, and I've still gotta do my CACEE form for tomorrow... HOLY CRAP IT'S SUPPOSED TO TAKE LIKE TWO HOURS... harsh... heh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home