Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hapkido!

What a day...

First off, work was good, plus I had 1.25 hrs of overtime, so it was quite long and money-rific...in other words, gooooood day so far...

Then I went home, had a nice long shower, then drove my mom to work in vancouver, then my sister to piano...while waiting for my sis to finish, I decided to head off to lansdown and finally cash my big-ass check! Well, after wandering around MusicWorld, nearly buying the Beautiful Letdown cd but didn't, and with only a few minutes remaining until I had to go pick up my sister, I decided to go to future shop for a bit...veerrrry good decision!

When I was there, Goon was just getting off of work and on the phone with Mohsin...Goon then decides to shove the phone in my ear, so I start talking to Mohsin...Mohsin then asks if I wanted to go to Hapkido later that night, and since I wasn't really doing anything anyways, I decide to go...you know, 'cause Moe and Chui and Reuben's gonna be there, and hanging out with those guys are always cool...but I'm rambling...

So I pick up my sister, drop her off at home, then proceed to go to the Hapkido place...parking was kinda annoying, 'cause they all said reserved and confused me, so I parked in lansdown and walked over...borrowed some shorts from Mohsin, and off I went!

Man, that was a great experience...first half with the fast punch and kicks and stretching etc etc, then a quick rest, then the 2nd half with the joint locks and arm bars and stuff, man its pretty cool...needless to say, I wasn't terribly great at anything, but at least I was keeping pace, heheh...however, talk about how super sore I'm going to be tomorrow is kinda freakin' me out, I mean with work being so labourous and all...

But who cares! Hapkido was fun! In fact, it was awesome! Actually , it was so awesome that I decided to use some of my mondo check to pay for weekly lessons! Awesomeness, with 4 months of lessons for 100 bucks, coooool! Oh, plus I had to buy that badge thing, twenty bucks, plus I have to buy my uniform...which is gonna be an adventure in itself, going tomorrow with Mark and Reuben to the Martial Arts supply store in surrey, heheh...

...I'm finally taking Martial Arts! And Hapkido to boot! The complete, original martial art...awesome! Very cool...plus, I'm taking it with friends! Awesomeness, indeed!

Anyways, to round out my entirely awesome day, Mark Reuben and I (Mohsin went off to Toronto) decided to go eat...went to Quilon, but it was closed...so we settled for Boston Pizza (open late to taste great, or something!), and we had some barbecue chicken pizza...awesomeness! (actually, nowhere near the awesomeness of Flying Wedge bbq chickin, but food wasn't the main awesome thing about the evening! The hanging out, completely awesomeness to the max! Main reason why I joined up with hapkido to begin with! Heheh...)

To sum it all up, 9+ hrs of working, driving around, kinda shopping, hapkido, and boston pizza! All in all, one of the better days around...in fact, I shall go so far as to say that this is shaping up to be the best summer ever! Or should I say, EVAARRRRRR!!! Heheh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home