Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Barako Bomb! ...ahh.......?

I overheard my mom saying how Barak Obama has a horrible name, and was wondering why his parents would call him something so vulgar. She stated that "barako" is a derogatory term used to call someone a "wild giant." That got me curious...

I found out, after a good ol' trusty google search, that apparently (in Tagalog) "barako" is a wild boar. Close enough to wild giant, I guess. I also found out that it's also a term for Filipino coffee. Pretty cool.

So yeah, Barak Obama. Wouldn't be the first pig in the oval office...

2 Comments:

Blogger Valen said...

LOL

7:43 p.m.  
Blogger Gautam said...

Don't diss Obama, he's far from a pig. The others you can chastise all you want. Also, he's NOT Filipino, so Barak is just fine. I think it's a pretty good name for a leader, personally.

7:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home