Monday, January 30, 2006

Sickness ramblings

Oh Weight, oh Weight, oh Weight, Doug Weight
Oh Weight, oh Weight, oh Weight, Doug Weight
Oh Weight, oh Weight, you were tra-aaa-ded,
To Car-o-lii-iii-naaaa....

Official anthem of Carolina?? Hehehe...

[btw, as a hint, think OLP...]

Anyways, I'm still sick. I went to school, thinking I could make it, but nay, I had to return home around noon. Although today I did meet up with (Foosball) Ali on the 480 to school, and did pass by Andrew leaving the math building. Heheh.

But yeah, still generally week, and I was hacking up a lung during the classes. Not a fun time. So I left after Psyc, which I have an exam in a week. Probably my only reason for attending class today. Two other classes have notes on the net, and I got a friend to get my 4 o'clock class notes. Although, I probably should've gone to 299, since my last assignment of that class is due on friday, and today is the only class we have all week. Unless, of course, I attend another class w/ someone else...heheh, like that'll ever happen...

So yeah, I'm hoping to be well enough to be able to finish (i.e. start), my 20% assignment due friday, jam w/ the band on thursday, go to Jake's superbowl party, and study for my midterm on monday. Yipes...

Random note: Doing a cover of BSB - The Call would be HILARIOUS!!!

Oh, and one more thing:

Hoooooray for cancer-ridding surgery!

Grandpa's recovering extremely well, which is good. It was one of those curable cancers, which was sweeet. Now, what kinda worried me was that I found myself doing what I normally do in tense situations like this one: completely separate myself from the entire event. I'm not a fan of that coping mechanism of myself. I fear that I'm growing more and more indifferent about everything, really, in that I just go with the flow most of the time, doing what I should be doing, going through the motions, etc etc. Which is probably why I enjoy videogames so much; I have a much easier time

Even that previous paragraph helped separate myself from reality. Which is probably a good definition of why I do a lot of things, especially blogging - to try to separate myself from reality. Easier that way perhaps. Although I know that this is a bad thing, and that I feel bad when I do it, but then that bad feeling makes me sad, which makes me want to separate once again, so I watch tv/play computer/etc etc.

I grew up in a noisy family. I wanted a family of peace and quiet. I see now that I could've had that, but due to certain variables I didn't. Hence, I want my future family to be one of peace and quiet. That would be quite nice.

My goodness, here I go parading about myself, when there are much more pressing issues to rant about. Like my grandpa. Or my friend who moved to kamloops who got banned from the only nightclub in town because her and 2 of her friends beat up a group of girls who kept eyeing them down and shoving them around so they got kicked out of the club but the fight continued on and the girl they beat up got pissed and called her brown buddies to go after this girl and now my friend has to watch her back because my friend's friend got jumped and they busted her knee so they went to the cops but the cops pretty much told them it was a "brown" thing and that brown crime should deal with themselves and not involve police, which I think is total crap, and apparently brown gangs from vancouver and surrey are now involved, and those guys who got my friend's friend are from vancouver, and my friend's friend got her people to get back at those people since the coquihala was closed and they'd still be in town, and now it's become this crazy gigantic mess that keeps building up...much like this sentence, heheh...and now my friend'll probably come home this weekend so hopefully all this will cool off.

Girls are so violent nowadays. My goodness...

But enough of this gloom and doom ramblings, Heroes V is now postponed! Hurray! No more junky, broken releases like Heroes IV. And possibly enough time so that when I finally buy my laptop it would minimize the agonization of the time between the game comes out and my ability to play said game.

Then again, I'd just be perpetuating separations from reality. Therefore...

ZOMBIE BATTALION!!!

Until next time, I guess...

[p.s. - wow, illness ramblings, indeed...]

1 Comments:

Blogger Spangie said...

WOOO!!! I'm glad your grandpa is recovering. Cancer is a nasty thing to have.

8:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home