Saturday, January 28, 2006

Illness

I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat. I thought nothing of it. Little did I know that it would get progressively worse over the span of a few hours.

Today I went to church, and for the first time ever I was singing while playing the congas. Previously, it was tough to coordinate both, as I'd focus on congas and forget to sing, or vice versa. However, since I'm in the band now, I decided I needed some practice, so last night I tried doing both, and it went spectacularly. Today, however, I was a little worried w/ my scratchy throat. And, by the time I've gone up front, I was already starting to hack away. In front of the entire church, that's rather embarassing. But I stuck with it. Couldn't harmonize properly, couldn't sing out, etc etc. But, I'm sure it wasn't as bad nor as noticeable as I'm letting on.

Whoa, deja vu. For some odd reason. Anyways....

After church we had the youth potluck thing, along with the "ordinary day" lesson thing, #3 I think. With the pastor. By this point, I was starting to get kinda out of it. But, I managed to keep up. Not feeling TOO too bad, just kinda tired.

So, since my mom drove home, we had to wait for a ride for what seemed like an hour. So I put my head down. And my illness got worse. So then I decided to go home, have a nice hot shower, put on 3 layers of pajamas, and tuck myself into the couch to watch hockey night in Canada.

I got home, and proceeded to do the above. Then I fell asleep halfway through the 1st. Or, rather, I fell off into half-sleep hallucination-y consciousness. I woke up, tried watching more of the game, but I realized that I just wasn't up for it. So I got up and blogged. Blogging. Whatever.

Headache, hoarse/sore throat, coughing, chest pains, general weakness...all in all, not too bad. At least I'm semi-coherent, and not leaking from both ends at once. Blecht...

...Yeah. I think I was a little misleading at the top there, hinting at crazy hijinks and whatnot. But hey, gimme a break, I'm sick...

Until next time, I guess...

[p.s. - I really wanna go to Jake's superbowl party. Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow. Oh, and also tomorrow, is hockey in burnaby, but I ain't going, for obvious reasons. Dang, maybe I should call them...]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where were the vocals? i felt bad for not coming. =S for practice and ordinary day.

feel better soon~

11:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home