Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Chronicle of the busy...

Today was a VERY long day...

First of all, after I wrote my blog yesterday, my little sister wanted to use the computer, and seeing that I was just procrastinating anyways, I let her use it. However, it turns out that once she was done, my mom had to use the comp, and then my aunt came over and used it for a while to type up her resume, and by this time it was already around 11ish, but my other sister came on and said that she too had a paper due the next day, except hers had to be like three times longer than mine! So being the good brother that I am *cough* I let her use it for the night and told her that I'd do my paper in the morning.

Well, morning came, but I slept in longer than I anticipated, and didn't start actually typing the paper until around 8 o'clock, so I spent the next few hours typing it up. I had Microeconomics at 10, but obviously I had to miss the first hour. However, as it turns out, they only went over the exam that we did last tuesday; the exam that I got 58/62 on, btw... :-)

So after another hour of econ, I had 2 hours of english to go to...Not that I don't like english (I actually think that that class is kinda fun), but if I'm even just a little bit tired, that class drags on, and on, and on, etc...

After that class, I spent the next few hours floating by talking with friends, half asleep...I believe that I bought a poutine made with spicy fries as well as a fresca during that time too...mmmm, fresca...it's like sugar water without the sugar and twice the poison...lol

After my 2hr break, I had my 3hr Psyc class...now that was a weird class. We were talking about neuroscience and a whole bunch of biology stuff about the brain...kinda sucks when the guy next to you has been through all of this in high school biology, lol. He's always there, muttering all the right answers under his breath, looking visibly bored, etc etc. Oh, and one more thing of interest, I HELD A FRICKIN' HUMAN BRAIN IN MY FRICKIN' HANDS TODAY!!! That's right, in psyc class, my instructor decided to spend about an hour letting us look at sheep brains, as well as passing around an actual human brain! The way I see it, I think I have a pretty cool psyc teacher, except during class he never actually seems to teach us anything! It's just a bunch of cool stories and videos *ahem* laserdiscs that somehow tie in with the class material. Again, not that I'm knocking the class, as it is kinda fun, but it makes you have to read the material and such...

Man, laserdiscs...Does anybody actually remember these things? Funny thing, my friend in that class thought that laserdiscs were just a myth! haha...hmmm? What's a laserdisc, you say? Just imagine a cd as big as a record, and you've got yourself a laserdisc. Kind of like a gigantic dvd, actually...which makes me wonder, why didn't laserdiscs replace the vhs way back in the early 90s? Was it just really expensive or something? Cause I remember my friend's parents having them...and they were really cool...

Anyways, back to my long day...After 3 hrs of psyc, I did a whole bunch of math problems, which took what seemed like forever for each question, while only making a dent in the overall number of math problems I have to get done...which sucks, because I have a math midterm on friday, and I've already gotten so behind! That, and I have a sociology midterm on thursday, a psyc paper due on friday, and a psyc midterm on monday! Man, the midterms seem to have suddenly exploded this week...didn't realize how little time I actually have...however, I always seem to have time for blogging :-)

Hmm...oh yes! I got bubble tea with a friend while doing my math problems, which did make the time pass fairly quickly I would say...good strawberry "milkshake" pearl, although it did seem more like a watery smoothy than a milkshake...however, I didn't like that fact that there were all these tiny little strawberry seeds floating around in my drink...me being slightly alergic to seeds, it wasn't so great having them stuck between my teeth while chewing on the pearls...

Anways, at around 9:45ish, my friend drove me home, I watched a bit of tv, I ate some spaghetti and cake, had a shower, watched some more tv, and now spent nearly an hour writing up this blog...again, a great means to a procrastinatory end, this blog is...

And here I am, at 12:40am, accomplishing nothing of the homeworks that I wanted to do tonight, be it starting the paper or finishing up some calculus...not that I'm terribly surprised though, I usually never seem to get anything done when I'm at home...at least now I actually have something tangeable with my wasted time instead of just random channel/web surfing...

Man, this sucks...I really have to have my psyc paper completed asap...and I really have to catch up on my math...but more importantly I gots to make sure I'm good for my sociology midterm thursday...I should really spend most of tomorrow studying for sociology...but then there's my psyc paper...but math...man, my head's starting to hurt...

Hmmm...lets look at this logically. My psyc paper is worth 15% and is relatively easy [it's actually more like answering 15 questions than an actual paper], my sociology midterm is worth 25%, my Calc midterm is worth 22%, and my psyc exam next monday is worth 12%...so, maybe the psyc paper first off tomorrow since it's easy...then study sociology for a few hours and talk to my sociology instructor about my essay topic [I've been putting this off for almost 2 weeks now...], then try and finish off any of the calc that has to be done...maybe I don't have to study way too much for sociology, since I do have a 4hr break before my soci. class on thursday...sounds like a plan, I guess...

Man...I can't believe I wasted well over an hour writing in this blog and typing to my friend David on msn...I really should have started on my paper, or at least finish up some calculus...it's pretty low when your procrastinating by writing about procrastinating...dang, that prase sounds way too familiar to be my own thought, so wherever I might have lifted this off of, forgive me...

Which reminds me, I really can be an ass sometimes...last tuesday I stole credit for and idea I told to the teacher. My teacher really liked that example, and kept referring to it as "like what Justin said earlier..." except, it was really my friend's idea. The problem was, however, that I forgot that it was his, and called it as my own! I know, I'm such an ass! All throughout the rest of the class, I could hear him mutter "you bastard" and such things, and he made of me during foosball as well...I deserved it of course, but I would like to publically apologize to Abraham about my ass-like actions of last week.

Man I'm tired...I write way too damn much in my blogs...it's frickin 1:10...gots school at 8am tomorrow...gots to do work...but me to sleep now...

Sleeeeeep...sounds so good...

Until next time, I guess...





--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm famous now. Truly honoured to be mentioned in the blog of someone with such a strange, busy, and complicated life. Hey, did anyone else notice Justin's senile-old-man side coming out? Twice he mentioned spending an hour on his latest blog! Oh well. It's to be expected from someone with such a troubled/confused childhood. ;-) I'm just kidding though-- Justin's a great person and it shows with his apology for his ass-like actions. You know, I don't think I've ever heard anyone apologize for their "ass-like actions" before. Fancy that.

-- David

1:38 a.m.  
Blogger Spangie said...

OMG JUSTIN!!!! This is a freakishly long entry!! Anyhoo .... can you tell Shar to confirm that you're really coming to my party!! Thnx!!

2:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home