Monday, October 11, 2004

Just another way to procrastinate...

So bored, and yet so lazy to do anything about it...

I gots a paper due tomorrow, so what do I do? Diligently flesh out my outline, write for hours, and proofread for a few hours more, ensuring an A+? Of course not! I've gotta write in my blog!

Honestly, I don't even know what to write...anything seems better than having to start up my homework...hmmm, it's thanksgiving today, isn't it...? I might as well write something about that...

Well first of all, everyone's all excited because they have a day off of school today, because of the whole holiday thing. I, however, am not as ecstatic...I don't have any classes on mondays! Haha...although I do usually go to school and study etc etc, so today seems like more of a waste than a holiday...I had turkey day yesterday, with all the goodness that comes along with the turkey. Did I mention that turkey dinners are my favourite food? lol...One thing that was weird is that this year we didn't have a big family thanksgiving party. Sucks, cause I was actually looking kinda forward to seeing everyone...but oh well, maybe I'll see everyone at Christmas or something...

Ah turkey dinners, and the reasonable facsimile of chicken dinners...brings back memories of bigger days, lol...lets just say that picky eating + lots of gravy + lack of exercise + lots of video games = growth in the wrong direction...

Hmmm, which reminds me, I haven't written about why I call myself an Introverted Extrovert, eh? Might as well be now...

A long time ago, back when I was about 4ish, I was living in a Co-op on Moffatt road, in Richmond...now those were the days. I had tons of friends that I always played with, my elementary school was gigantic, and I was always an active and happy child. And then at around age 9, we moved to the boondocks of Richmond called #6 road...I suddenly became cut off from all my friends, surrounded with ditches, and put in a school with less than 60 kids. Back in the co-op, I was always outside hanging around with my friends, while in #6 road, I spent most of my time watching t.v. and playing video games. I effectively changed from an extroverted funloving guy into an introverted geek. Thus, I then call myself an introverted extrovert. Deep down, I would really like nothing more than to hang out with my friends all the time, but I always end up wasting away my weekends and summers playing video games...sad, yes I know...

As a byproduct of this inactive lifestyle, I ballooned and became fairly big, considering I'm only 5'3"...I had such low self esteem, and for good reason: I saw myself as the epitomy of the short, fat, and ugly geek that I keep hearing about on t.v, movies, books, etc. However, due to some extenuating circumstances [of the female variety], one summer after grade 11 I decided to actually do something about it. I figured that I couldn't help being short, except for maybe gene therapy...I couldn't help being ugly, it's too expensive to change that...but I realized that I could do something about my weight. I went on a self-made diet of a glass of milk for breakfast, a hot dog weiner for lunch, and a small plate of whatever my mom made for supper...and to my surprise and everyone elses, it actually worked! From top weight to bottom weight, I went from 172 pounds to 132 pounds in about 4 or 5 months, with the most dramatic drop being 15 pounds in 2 weeks during the summer...it just goes to show you, with a little motivation and willpower (and a steady routine), anyone can lose weight. However, you do have to remember that losing weight and being healthy are very different things...if you wanna be healthy and lose weight, I do not recommend what I did at all...

Anyways, because I lost all that weight, I had a slightly higher self-image of myself. Actually, ever since the middle of grade 12, I've been turning myself around ever so slowly...I joined a ska band, gots myself a gf, quit my band, broke up with my gf, met a whole bunch of friends at bcit, lost touch with most of my friends at bcit, and now have a great group of friends at Kwantlen...hopefully this time I'll actually keep in touch with them after I'm out of Kwantlen...

I think that's why I usually stay so late at Kwantlen, because I'm actually able to hang out with my friends instead of coming home and wasting away on the couch or the swivel chair...which is ironically kind of what I'm doing right now, btw...hanging out with my friends just proves to me that I really would like to be an extrovert at heart, even if I do have introverted tendencies...

Oh wow, I write way wayyy to much...it seems like I have no idea what to write at first, but then end up writing way to much...oh well, I guess you guys don't have to read it if you don't want to, eh? lol...

Until next time I guess...






--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hagfish said...

You are very warm and friendly, and also funny. You have so much life in you. Your blog is interesting. Don't knock it. I'll come by again.

6:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home