Monday, October 11, 2004

Man, not a good first experience with blogging...

Wow, I can't believe it. First time I've ever blogged, and I end up deleting this gigantic post that I spent well over an hour on...now that pisses me off...I guess it's a good learning experience or whatever...but still pisses me off...oh well, I might as well try to salvage what I remember of that post...


Was bored...decided to make a blog...most of my friends have one, thought I'd try it out myself...gots to know what all the fuss is about...

So what do people do on blogs anyways? Talk about their feelings and junk? Probably nothing too personal, with everyone reading this etc etc...Write about stories and junk? Those are few and far between for me...Write the lyrics of their favourite song of the moment? Now I can do that...

Vroom - Tigers
[Live May 2002]

Don't waste your innocence on tigers,
You know that I can be alone, baby doll...

Do you remember the times that we had
As the years rolled by
And disappeared...?
Now it seems that everybody's waiting here,
They spread their lies all over town...

It's alright if you wanna tell me off...
It's alright if you want to leave...
I don't care...

Do you begin to remember the times
Of the years that went
Out and gone...?
Everybody's telling me that they don't care,
Cause they weren't there...
And the world is a sad place to live...
Is there somewhere else we can go?

It's alright if you wanna tell me off...
It's alright if you want to leave...
I don't care...

Lately, I don't feel anything
Anything in regards to you...
Cause I'm not ready for everything,
Everything will be so untrue...

Don't waste your innocence on tigers,
You know that I can be alone, baby doll...

It's alright if you wanna tell me off...
It's alright if you want to leave...
I don't care...

Lately, I don't feel anything...
Everything will be so untrue...

For those of you who don't know, Vroom was an Emo/Punk/Rock band from Virginia, and they're probably my favourite band. Unfortunately for me, they never made it big enough for major touring, so I never got to see them live. Notice the past tense? Apparently, much to my dismay, they officially broke up earlier this year. Altogether, they had 4CD's to their name, with "Tigers" being on their most recent. This may sound bad, but I don't have a single one of their cd's! However, I am eventually going to buy the whole set, which is sold for $35US on their website.

Yesterday, I found out that they uploaded a bunch of mp3's on their site. To my amazement, there was "New Song 2" [Tigers], a long-since-given-up-searching-for song that I haven't heard in over a year! Back about two summers ago, after I broke up with my girlfriend, I replayed "Tigers", along with "Untitled [I Love You/You Can't Stand Me]", over and over again while playing Civ3 all night. Those songs were how I felt at the time put into musical form. However, about a year ago, my harddrive crashed and I lost everything, including my music files. I wasn't too phased by it though, thinking that I could just download it again on Kazaa, but try as I might, I couldn't find my beloved Tigers! This really ticked me off, but somehow I was able to put that behind me and move on with my life, realizing that I would probably never hear that song again...so when I saw that it was on Vroom's website, I went nuts! I stayed up until 4am just replaying that song; I was that happy! Sounds crazy that I'm so worked up over a song that reminds me of such a bad time, but whatever, I really love that song...

Anyways, that was a nice stroll down memory lane, lol...

I see now why so many people blog, it's almost therapeutic...that, and it's a better way to waste time than mindless surfing, eh?

So yeah, that was pretty much my post that I ended up deleting, lol...man, is it ever late...maybe I should get some sleep...

Anyways, until next time I guess...hopefully I won't delete this post as well...





--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home